Friday, October 3, 2014

I'm in a good place; a way of life.



I'm in a good workout place; the zone where not working out isn't a great thing.  Working out is just part of life; we must come to terms with it because it is not a do it now and forget about it later thing.  I like a break now and again, we all need it; but I find that I have to tell myself "not today," my body needs a rest.  Resting is as important as working out.  I have reached the "way of life," point and I love it.  I have not been here in a very long time; the last "way of life" as far as working out goes for me, was back in my late teens, early 20s.  If feels great to be back.  

When you first start back at working out it can feel like the biggest challenge set before you.  Getting up off the couch, out of bed or away from the table to work out is a mind game in the beginning.  You feel like you are being punished somehow; why me, why do I have to work out?  It's too hard, I don't want to do it.  Working out is a gift; oh sure I know what you;re thinking, "some gift."  Just think about it, you get to grab the reins and control your body destiny.  Getting in shape is most definitely work; but the results are a healthier you.

Once you start to feel the benefits of working out; things start to change in your head.  What use to be a "poor me" moment turns into the "go me," stage.  I have a zone that I enter into when I step into the gym.  I try to ignore my surroundings to the best of my ability and do my stuff, work on me.   Your time at the gym is your 'you time.'  It is all about you and no one else.  Whether you choose to get there is entirely up to you.  What you choose to do once you are there is all up to you.  It is all about you.  

Feel good about working out.  You are taking care of the only body that you will ever have.  It is yours to do with what you will.  You can leave it there sitting on the sofa or you can get it up and make it strong.  Your body, your choice.   

No comments:

Post a Comment