Sunday, October 5, 2014

Oh yes, indulge.


Indulge time, and worth every calorie.  Butter cake at South of Nick's.


Oh yes, indulge; then get back to clean eating and hit the gym.  I am a big believer of indulging.  Of course, indulging in moderation.  So yesterday we were out for a bite; we had a margarita an appetizer and then split this heavenly cake.  I have to admit that I rarely order dessert; as a longtime baker myself, I'm really picky.  If I am going to splurge; it had better be worth the calories, which most restaurant desserts are not.  This butter cake was most definitely worth every single calorie.

I have tried very hard not to succumb to the whole "omg I ate cake" guilt trip; that we can give ourselves.  I really think that if you allow yourself something yummy and splurge worthy then just eat it; enjoy it, and move on.  Don't get wrapped up in the "I'm not eating anything for two days," after a splurge.  Life is all about enjoyment; and if part of that enjoyment means eating a delectable piece of cake; well then that is part of it all. right?  

Deprive yourself of an occasional piece of cake, cookies, piece of chocolate or spoonful of Nutella and you are going to find it harder to stay on track.  I find it easier to stay on track; eating clean and hitting the gym when I do allow myself a goodie or two.  I do not like eating empty calories so if I'm going to eat something that is carb or sugar filled it has to be really, really good.  Why bother eating it if it isn't fuel for your body or........ pleasure inducing? 

Of course you cannot eat these things all the time; it simply isn't good for you.  Your body needs nutrient dense foods to perform at it's best and for you to feel your best.  Plus, when you do indulge in a sweet and/or carb filled goodie; it is all the better when eaten in moderation.  It is most definitely more of a treat when rationed.  So go ahead, eat your cake and enjoy it.  Life is too short to never eat that piece of cake. 

No comments:

Post a Comment