Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Working out away

After workout tree hugging.  

I love working out in new gyms; but even better is working out, but not in a gym.  This past weekend I was in OR with my hubby.  We hit the 24 hour Fitness which is a huge version of what I am use to on Saturday. 

                  This was the second apparatus I climbed, the first was larger and more like a spider web.

 On Sunday we opted to skip the gym and go for a walk. We came across a rope climb apparatus there, so of course I had to climb it.  After just a few minutes I realized what a great workout you could have on the ropes. Not only was it a great workout but it was very different from what I typical do in the gym and fun.  

So, I'm go to scout out the local parks in my area and see if I can find some ropes to play on.  Just as a side note, I will be bringing my workout gloves next time.  Ropes are hard on the hands. 

Just because you are away does not mean that you need to miss out on your workouts.  Even if you can't find a great gym; there is always something around to play around on and get a workout in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment