Thursday, October 23, 2014

What is the obstacle?


Love'n it. 


What is the obstacle?  The road block?  The hurdle?  What is the reason you have not started to lift or workout yet?  I'd really like to know, because I often wonder what my own was.  I know that I did not like the gym that we were members of for a very long time.  Then there was the rut thing; I got stuck in a rut and found it difficult to get out.  Once we joined a different gym and I took that first step back into the gym and lifting; it took no time to climb out of my rut and back into the weight room.  I love lifting, I always have.  But I was stuck in a non lifting, non workout phase for a long time.  

There can be many different obstacles that keep you from exercising, lifting and eating properly.  Figuring it all out may or may not be a possibility.  So, you just need to forget why and do.  Take that first step and get to it.  The beginning can be tough; it can be all too easy to come up with excuses as to why you cannot workout or go to the gym.  My method of just getting it done was to get dressed for the gym.  Like a robot I would get my gym clothes out and put them on.  Already dressed, I was going.  

Once I got back to it, it felt great.  The next step in the progression was results; once I got some of those, I felt even greater.  The stronger I got the more I enjoyed going to the gym.  Then I started to drop some weight which is a huge motivation to do more.  Much like a snowball effect; taking that first step can be like the first snowflake.  

Making a change is a step by step process; and I truly believe that it must be a way of life change.  That means no pills, no frozen diet dinners; changing how you move and eat for your life, the rest of your life.  The changes that never seem to work on the instant and/or easy changes.  Take that first baby step to your success for life.  See you in the gym.  

No comments:

Post a Comment