Monday, October 6, 2014

All in the family - part #2 MY MOM

My Mom and Dad April 2014
Photo taken by Bonnie Forman


The head of the family, my Mom;  (Dad, you know that Mom is the true boss) strong in every way and an inspiration, my inspiration.  She is a very hands on, can do anything type of Mom; and as such I am the same way.  We are not the type of girls who stand aside while the men do the lifting.  Nope, we are right there in the middle of it all.  I am very like my Mother and proud of it .  We are both very competitive which makes great motivation for lifting.  Just tell us that we can't do something; then stand back.  Staying strong, healthy and vibrant takes work; but it is worth every trip to the gym, hike through the woods or kayak across the lake.  I am 52 years old; my Mom is amazing.  

I just found out a couple of weeks ago that my Mom use to do pull ups in the basement when I was a teenager.  My twin brother had a whole weight set up including  a pull up bar.  The topic came up as I explained how I am working on a pull up.  Very cool.  

My amazing Mom.  

I am Sherri's Mom - Barbara Malmberg

What does weight training mean to me?  INDEPENDENCE!!  By being strong and flexible, I am able to do the things I enjoy, and take care of my home and garden.  I have always exercised - aerobics, yoga, free weights.  About 15 years ago I added strength training.  I enjoy the challenge of the weights.  For me, it isn't about building huge muscles, but it is about staying strong and healthy for as long as I can.  Also having strong muscles helps to protect my joints. Three or four work-outs a week work wonders.


No comments:

Post a Comment