Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Fuel?

This was my salad last night, amazing.  I was out of arugula (yes I almost died because I eat it every day) so had a bowl of asparagus, broccoli slaw, pineapple, raspberries and red pepper.  I had on the side, a couple of turkey meatballs for protein.


Food is hugely controversial these days.  There are so many "diets" "miracle pills" and "secret drinks" out there to pick and choose from when you want to lose weight.  I for one am not a fan of fad diets, magic pills or drinks.  I am not a believer of the diets where you order your premade food either.  I strongly believe that if you want to get healthy then you must change your lifestyle.  That means thinking "healthy" choices, not feeling deprived all the time. 

 
Paleo chocolate mousse.  First time making this, it was pretty good.  I doubled the honey that they called for and chilling is a must.   
 
If we looked at food more like fuel, I think that we might have a better chance at "getting it."  Eating well or "clean" as is the "in" term these days takes thought and it takes breaking a lot of bad habits.  There will be those who balk at your choice of diet; but everyone has their own opinion as they should.  Everyone has to do what they feel good about doing and eating.  I try to share what I have discovered as far as eating correctly and I am always open to listening to more. 

My kids are a huge inspiration for me; they are the new and improved generation of health conscious people.  When we get together the topic of conversation often goes to exercise and food.  Oh yes, we are foodies, we LOVE good food.  We share recipes, diet (as in the food we eat, not weight loss) ideas and experience.

I watched a new advertisement on television last night.  It was obviously made to appeal to children.  The people were cartoon like and in a grocery store.  The Mom is grabbing box after box of processed food.  The boxes with a red mark on them donate food to hungry children when purchased.  Sounds nice but a sad marketing ploy in these days of "don't buy processed food." 

Our bodies take us through life; yet we often think about our body very last.  We stop and grab fast food and gobble it down because we are hungry and in a hurry.  This body is the only one we will ever have; we need to take care of it as such.  No one else is going to keep our body healthy and in shape; that job is all on us.  We can or cannot put our body first.  Eating right and moving is the best way to keep our body functioning throughout our life.  If you don't who will? 

Staying healthy is work; but so is hauling around a body that is overweight and under exercised.  It is completely our choice to make. 

No comments:

Post a Comment