Thursday, March 12, 2015

Freeze your fat away? Really??????

As I was heading home from the park today, I heard an advertisement on the radio for freezing your fat away.  The woman on the radio was boasting about how she'd had two treatments already.  "Bikini season is right around the corner" she added.  Okay, so the big push is on right?  Simply freeze your fat away!!!! I sat and thought about all the miracle things that are out there to get rid of fat quick and realized that it all has nothing to do with changing how we eat or move.  So if you freeze it off, I guess it can come back?  Google time.  

This is the first and last article I read on the subject.  At least it explains what it is all about.  I don't care to read anymore.  

Daily Mail - on Cool Sculpting

The issue with these type of "quick fix" methods of getting rid of fat is that none address the problem.  That is, how the fat got there and remained there for so long.  

We (humans) are always looking for the next big thing.  That big secret that will rid us of the fat we don't want and get us in shape.  Well, the reality is this; the best way to do it is the hard way.  Work!!  Eat nutritionally dense foods and move.  IT MUST become a way of life; worked into our lives for it to remain.  

Every so often I have a moment of dismay, when I realize that I have to work out forever.  But that changes when I think about how lucky I am to be able to work out.  I can look however I want to; you can look however you want to.  It is completely up to us and how dedicated we are to get there.  I do not believe in the magic pill, drink, diet or workout.  It is all hard work and freezing your fat off sounds stupid to me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment