Saturday, May 30, 2015

It's your skin, love it.



Looking into a mirror can be a crap shoot.  Sometimes you like what you see; other times you'd like to smash the mirror to pieces.  If you really want to see what you look like, look at a photo.  For some reason photos don't lie but mirrors have a habit of telling us untruths. 

Are you happy with the way you look?  It is all that matters, isn't it?  No matter what shape or size you are; you have to live in your skin.  We are given one body and it is as individual as you are.  If you are not happy when you look at an image of yourself then you should do something about it.  Going through life not being happy in your skin sucks. 

We all go through times when we've let things slide.  Life seems to take over and we just don't have time to eat properly, let alone workout.  There are so many things in our day to day that we have no control over; but our body is not one of those.  We hold the reins and we can make our body what we want.  Being happy in your skin is what you are happy with, no one else. 

I don't think that I've ever met anyone who wouldn't like to change one or a few things about their body.  Learning to be happy with who you are can be a struggle.  From my own personal experience, results from working out and eating well is a step in the right direction.  It can change the way that you think completely.  Instead of grabbing a donut and saying "hey I deserve this;" I look at a donut and say, "no I don't want to do that to my body."  I don't want to feel crappy.  If I really want the donut then I'll eat it but chances are these days, I won't. 

Sitting down to a huge plate filled with arugula, beets, cabbage, carrots, dried cherries with a sprinkle of feta on top, makes me feel good.  I want to take care of this one body I've been given.  Dropping pounds and building muscle feels amazing, it is motivating in itself.  You've only got that one body, just like the rest of us.  It is yours to do with what you will.  Think about it.   

No comments:

Post a Comment