Monday, August 11, 2014

Gym attire


Getting my MARVEL on.  



Oh boy, this one could go all sorts of places; but I'll try to keep it somewhat on track.  Like anything in life, lifting can get old after a while.  You hit the same gym at the same time, see the same faces and wear the same close day in and day out.  Geesh.  So that I don't get overly bored of it all I switch gym locations now and again and add some new gym clothes to my pile.  After all when you work out 5 times a week, they also get worn out.  I actually had to throw out some of my pants last week due to peep holes.  I like gym clothes that give me freedom of movement whilst covering up!!!!  Hear that?  Covering up.  No I don't wear a sports bra and bootie shorts to the gym and frankly I don't think that anyone should; and I don't care if you look amazing in them.  The gym is not a fashion runway; it is a place to workout, get sweaty and in shape. 

Ladies, if you want to strut your stuff then hit the beach where it is completely appropriate to wear nearly nothing.  There will lots of people there to look at you as well, you can be assured of that.  But when you do go to the gym, at least make it look like you are there to work out.  You don't have to go skimpy to look cute; have you seen the work out clothes available now?  So cute and great colors.  You don't have to wear a big boxy grey t-shirt and bagging sweats.  You can look like quite the little hottie, COVERED UP. 

But it's not just the woman who cross the acceptable/not acceptable non-existent attire rule.  Nope, you guys in the shorty shorts; ya I don't want to see what I'm seeing.  Or you guys in the t-shirts with giant monster holes cut out for arms, ya, not so much.  Keep it in the t-shirt please.  Appropriate attire as far as I'm concerned covers up anything that we shouldn't be seeing at the gym.  That means pants that come further down than mid butt cheek and a shirt that covers more than just barely the boobs, man or woman. 

The other day at the gym I stood in astonishment as a woman sporting insanely short bootie shorts proceeded to do her ab wheel workout at the dumb bell mirror.  With her butt in the air she was doing her best "look at me" routine that she could muster.  Ladies, this is not a good look; not the clothing or the behavior.  It is degrading for the woman who are there to actually workout.  Like I said, hit the beach for that "show the world what ya got" stuff. 

Women, a sports bra with some sort of shirt over it; shorts or pants that cover up if you should need to bend over.  Guys, a t-shirt intact or proper tank with shorts long enough so that I don't see what I don't want to see when you are doing your crunches.  Oh and running shoes please; honestly who works out in work boots or flip flops?  There are so  many places to strut your stuff that the gym should be a place where you can work out without having it in your face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment