Sunday, March 23, 2014

Motivation



Motivation is huge when it comes to working out.  Lacking it, we find ourselves slipping into the non workout mode which is not good.  How do you keep motivated? Day in and day out, working out everyday?   How do you get motivated to go in the first place?  You want to go but something just keeps you from it. 

Motivation -  the act or process of giving someone a reason for doing something; a force or influence that causes someone to do something. 

During my break from lifting, I had no motivation.  I didn't like the gym that we had joined so I had no desire to go and lift.  I was in a period of boredom.  I'd been lifting for so many years I needed to switch it up big time to get myself back into it.  So we joined a new gym and I started getting my lifting mojo back.  But the need for motivation continues and you need, while you keep at it.  The day to day motivation to get up and get to the gym, or run, row, or whatever it is that you exercise at.  Motivation is what drives us to get where we need to be.  Without it, we can quickly slip back down the slope. 

When I'm not in the mood to go to the gym; I get up, and put my workout clothes on.  It is as simple as that for me; I'm dressed, I may as well go.   There have only been two times when I've gotten dressed and not gone.  But the more you work out the more you are motivated by witnessing the change in how you look and feel.  It feels great to be strong and the stronger you get the more motivated you get. 

Like anything, motivation is a very personal thing.  It might be the inch or two that you lost that keeps you going.  Feeling great or getting strong may be the driving force behind your motivation.  But there are times when you  just need a little extra boost.  A new pair of work out shoes, new pants or even gloves can really super charge your work outs.  I love having new workout clothes; it just gives that same old routine a little zing. 

Find your motivation, it's in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment