Sunday, August 9, 2015

Back and back at it.



Back and back at it.  I've been away on vacation and actually took a whole week off of working out.  The first couple of days of our vacation were spent at a hotel so we were able to get a couple of quick weight room workouts in.  But from Saturday to Friday we basically rested.  It's a head thing at this point; I have to literally tell myself that we are resting and it's okay.  When you work out consistently hard you need to rest your body; but that can be easier said than done.  :)

So with a week off we are back home.  Our travel day back was horrible and turned into almost 24 hours when it should have been around 7.  With that behind us we hit the gym yesterday.  Another day off was not in the cards; I needed that just worked out feeling. 




On our vacation we were able to get a few physical activities in.  One was bike riding and it brought back loads of great memories.  I haven't been bike riding in years and years and it felt great.  Riding through the forest, pumping my legs and getting a cardio workout in was a great in-between activity.  I enjoyed it so much that I have decided to get a bike.  

We also got a big walk/jog in through the woods that felt wonderful.  When you are accustom to working out and the feel that working out gives you, moving feels great.  I even got to try out a quick paddle board but due to windy conditions, didn't get on it again.  But I loved it and it will be an activity that I continue as well.  

Taking a rest from intense working out does not mean that you have to stop moving.  I find it hard not to do something physical every day.  The fact is that working out makes moving easier and more enjoyable.  

Hitting the gym yesterday, even when still exhausted from our trip felt great.  That just worked out filling helps to get you going and shakes the sluggish feeling that traveling can leave you with.  It was great to be back in the gym; especially having rested a week.  Exercise is a life style and when it has been solidified there, it will do you good.  Moving does a body good.  


No comments:

Post a Comment