Tuesday, January 13, 2015

A great Tuesday.



I woke up early this morning, I love that.  I've always been an early riser.  I hate getting up past 7:00 and feel that I've missed half of the day if I do.  While the sun was just starting to come up I head down stairs for my cup of Java and Perfect Bar.  One of my daughters who lives in San Diego introduced them to me some time ago and since then they have been a staple food in my refrigerator.   My favorite is by far the Peanut Butter flavor although I like them all.  Just recently I grabbed three boxes of different flavors at my local health food spot because they were on sale, YES.  

My three year old Standard Poodle has always loved the bar as well and receives her fair share every morning.  Now my old boy, my 14.5 year old Standard Poodle has taken a liking to them.  This makes me very happy because he is suffering from liver cancer and is a very picky eater so when I can get something really healthy into him, it makes me very happy.  


Post workout.  Head to toe Reebok

After my coffee and our Perfect bar, there is a little more time spent snuggling and blogging and then it's time to hit the gym.  I had a great workout this morning.  As I wrote before I've been suffering with a tweaked back but today I FELT GREAT.  Feeling great makes you feel even greater when you've had a nagging injury.  It felt good to work hard with no residual back pain.  Like always I pushed the envelope a bit as far as my back and everything seems okie dokie so far.  

I did some very light dead lifts, which I've missed doing.  (Great butt workout)
I also squeezed in some light squats and added in some bent leg raises on this machine pictured below. It has good support for your back compared to the free hanging leg lifts.  I did some heavy leg press, along with some intense leg curls and extensions.  



Back home it was walk time.  So I headed out with both dogs for a couple miles.  My old guy in his cart (doggyride) for much of it; I love the fact that he can join in the fun.  My young girl?  Well..she's a power house athlete.  She loves working out as much as I do. 



1 comment:

  1. Hi Sherri; Did you notice that there is a recall on the Peanut Butter Flavor Perfect Bar? All the information about this is on their website. I always enjoy reading your informative blogs... Thanks, Karen

    ReplyDelete