Monday, September 15, 2014

Vacationing, I did pretty good



Well, I'm back and I did pretty good.  I was in Kauai for a week vacation and I kept up the eating clean and moving the best that I could.  Of course when you travel, there can be days that are tough to eat well.  With locating a good source for great food and snacking here and there you always have to factor in a bit of not so great eating.  But as far as moving goes; I worked out almost every morning, swam and/or snorkeled every day.  We walked a lot and I'm sure that I sweat a few lbs. off just from humidity alone. 

I always enjoy working out at new gyms so I take advantage of resort or hotel gyms when I can.  The gym at the hotel we stayed at was pretty good for a hotel gym.  They had almost every machine that I needed and a few new ones that I gave a go.  I swam a ton, did pull ups in the pool, ran stairs, snorkeled and fought waves to fill any gaps in my work outs and I have to say that it feels great.  I am so happy that I don't have a ton of splurging and indulging to undo.  Having worked out so often; I will not suffer any extra aches and pains from missing workouts. 

Of course there was more cocktail consumption and foods that I don't eat on a regular basis but all in all I did really well.  The whole thing is really thinking about it before you go.  I was determined to not over indulge on this trip; I tried to focus on health and fun, not just fun, over eating and under moving.  I challenged myself with pull ups at the hotel gym and was happy to discover that I am almost there.  A few more workouts with a bit heavier weight and I may just get a pull up or two accomplished. 

I hit the gym yesterday and had a really great workout.  Its back at it, business as usual, time to get to the gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment