Saturday, April 12, 2014

Nothing, no steam

Today's work out was a bust.  Well not completely, I was there at least and I did work out.  I pulled on my gym clothes, even though I wasn't feel'n it.  Hauled my butt to the gym and from there it went downhill.  I did my workout but not with gusto or anything that resembled energy.  Sometimes it just is not there; for some reason the energy needed to have an ahggggggg workout just does not come.  BUT, you still workout; you never waste a visit to the gym.  Tomorrow is my day off so today I had to work.  I switched it up quite a bit; feeling like maybe I was just in the old boredom zone.  It didn't help.

I probably resembled a slug working out; with no spring in my step or power behind my lifts.  A slug working out, hmmmmm.  Each and everyday begins anew; as such they unravel differently.  So today is a not my most energetic.  But I still got myself there, did what I had to and got out.  A slug workout is better than no workout.  That is most definite.

The problem was not a lack of desire; the energy needed to workout and lift was just missing.  There are days when I don't want to go to the gym; they range from the "I don't feel like it" days; to "I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE GYM," days.  For the later, I don't go.  Going to the gym on such a negative day is counter productive.  I find that everything and everyone bothers me while I'm there.  The whole time I focus on not wanting to be there instead of feeling great about getting myself to the gym. It happens to most people from time to time.  But you work through it; give yourself a break and get back at it.

As far as days when you get yourself to the gym but realize you are lacking energy?  Well, you work out; you do the best you can.  Even a slow and lack luster work out every now and then is better than sitting at home on your butt.  Having the energy to do a power packed workout is great; I love days when I feel like I could work out for hours.  But when you are dealt with the no energy day, you deal.  It just makes those days when you do have great energy feel even better. 

See you at the gym. 

No comments:

Post a Comment