Sunday, December 28, 2014

I'm back


Some of my new workout clothes I got for Christmas. 

Hello, it's been a while.  I hope that you all had a wonderful and healthy Christmas with a bit of indulgence.  I was pretty good with a little extra goodies here and there but nothing to pack on the pounds. We had a nice big turkey for Christmas dinner which is a huge help as far as snacking goes.  Turkey is a great protein which helps you to stay away from the other stuff that you shouldn't be eating.  

I had four days away from the gym and working out completely. You see I've been suffering with a very bad back for about two weeks.  I did several different things that ended up with me having thrown my back out.  I tried working around it for a while but finally gave in and took the days I needed off.  But I am happy to say that I was back at it yesterday and today and am feeling MUCH better.  

Taking time off can be very hard to do when you see progress.  The idea of letting any of that progress slip away can be tough mentally; but the sooner you take time off the quicker your body can mend itself.  As hard as it is, you must take the time off for your bodies sake.  Four days wasn't so bad and my back is thanking me for it.  The most difficult thing over the last two weeks has been standing, cooking and baking.  Standing in one spot can be the most taxing thing that you can do for your back and I did a lot of it leading up to the season.
  
Having a thrown back is not okay with me; I hate being down for anything.  When yesterday rolled around I was determined to hit the gym; but my workout was very careful.  I monitored my body from head to toe for the entire workout; paying close attention to anything that sent a twinge to my back.  I kept it slow and steady and did nothing stupid; I have a tendency to try stupid things now and again.  :)  Yesterday was upper body and today was lower.  I did a bit of hanging but only a few bent leg raises to test the waters.  So far so good and I feel great.

We had a wonderful Christmas at our house.  It was very "fitness" oriented which I love.  My whole family is into eating well and working out which is really nice.  We talk about food, diet, new workouts and staying fit much of the time.  It truly is a family affair. 

Just one more big "celebration" holiday and we will be into the New Year.  It's gonna be a great one.  

No comments:

Post a Comment